How to Apply
The Application Process
STAGE ONE – October to December
- Attend the Open Evening on Tuesday 13 November 2018 (6:00pm – 8:00pm) Talks will take place at 6:15pm or 7:00pm.
- Choose courses you want to study at Post 16
In November/December current BSCS Year 11 students will complete an initial application form in tutor time, they will give their first thoughts on the subjects they might study and we will use this to decide which courses we run at BSCS. After this date, students have plenty of opportunity to change their mind about which subjects they want to study.
- External applicants should complete the Application Form
Presentation from Post 16 Open Evening - 23 November 2017
STAGE TWO – January to April
- Students will have an interview with a member of the Post 16 Team to discuss their chosen subjects and check if their timetable will fit
- We will be holding a drop-in for any parents who have questions about the Post 16 Application Process during the Year 11 Parents Evening on 16th January 2019 (5.00 - 6.30pm).
- A letter will be sent home to parents in April with details of provisional courses chosen by students.
- On Tuesday 7 May 2019 we will be holding a talk for all parents in the Main Hall to provide an update on the application process.
STAGE THREE – May to August
- Students should focus on working hard towards achieving the best grades possible
- Students will be invited in for a Taster Day in July where they will be set Bridging Work to support them with the transition from Year 11 to 12
- On Results Day, members of the Post 16 team will be available in the unlikely event that students don’t quite get the grades they need for certain courses
It is essential that on Results Day external students come to the BSCS Post 16 Centre with a copy of their results.
If you have any questions or want more information, please don’t hesitate in getting in touch with Mr Hill firstname.lastname@example.org.