How will you help me to support my child's learning?
- For students with identified SEND, there will be a Student Plan and Review meeting at least twice a year in addition to the formal Statement/EHCP review. During these meetings parents may be offered additional guidance regarding strategies they can use at home to support their child’s learning
- We will share with you any information we have regarding specific support groups available in school or in the local community
- The Primary Phase has a programme of home learning appropriate to the age of the children which helps to develop independence as they move through the school
- The Secondary Phase has an Independent Learning (IL - homework) policy and all students will be set regular IL in the form of short tasks, to reinforce and consolidate learning, and longer extended projects which encourage the development of higher order skills such as research and time management.
- These programmes will provide an opportunity for you to actively engage in aspects of your child’s learning at BSCS