Ethos and Values
At Bradley Stoke Community School our mission is to support and enable all students to achieve their full potential and develop the skills and qualifications needed for future success.
We do this through our dynamic and stimulating curriculum and the provision of excellent academic, cultural and social opportunities, enriched by our partnerships with the wider community, our sponsor and other professional organisations.
Our vision is to ensure that all students, regardless of social background, academic ability on entry or special educational need, thrives at BSCS and that we give students a better chance of success than if they attended any other school.
We establish a high-achieving culture where students and staff are always striving to do things in a better way and both have high expectations in terms of behaviour and attitude - "that's the way we do things around here". We do this through:
- Promoting life-long learning and the school’s core values:
- Creating and maintaining an innovative learning environment with high quality teaching, learning, resources and support.
- Engaging successfully with parents/carers to support student progress, wellbeing and levels of achievement by encouraging and responding to the parent/carer.
- Developing as an outstanding community resource and specialist centre for languages and performing arts; promoting collaboration locally, nationally and globally.
- Building sustainable links with community and business organisations to broaden the opportunities available to students and develop the skills needed for the world of work.
- Promoting student leadership by providing opportunities to take on roles of responsibility throughout the school and Post 16.
- Maintaining the highest standards of teaching by valuing commitment, creativity, diversity and flexibility; enabling outstanding performance; providing continuous professional development and promoting an effective work/life balance.
Our core values are embedded throughout our school and underpin students’ experience at Bradley Stoke
- Students should use kind words and actions towards each other.
- The school should be a safe place to come to and all students/staff need to feel secure when they are here.
- Students should arrive to school in tutor time on time and with the correct equipment/books each day.
- Students should be ready to answer questions in lessons in an appropriate manner.
- Students should be quiet when a teacher is talking, so they are ready to learn.
- Students should arrive in smart uniform and be well presented in school.
- Students should be putting their best effort into the work they are doing in and outside of the classroom.
- Students should have high aspirations of what they want to achieve and the grades they are aiming for - “Are you aiming high enough?”