Year 7 & Year 8
- Students, parents and carers can access homework tasks on Arbor.
- Guidance for parents and carers, via the Knowledge Organiser booklet, is also available on the school’s website.
- Maths, Science, English and MFL will set homework every week, all other subjects will set homework once a fortnight.
The majority of homework in Year 7 and Year 8 will be based around learning content from Knowledge Organisers. This might include learning spellings in readiness for a key vocabulary test; preparing flashcards that include key concepts and definitions to use in lessons; self-quizzing and other creative tasks that are based around embedding knowledge. At times, teachers may deviate from revision-based homework tasks and set more creative or research-based activities.
Year 9, 10 & 11
- Students, parents and carers can access homework tasks and guidance via the school's revision website or Arbor.
- English, Maths, Science, CRS and option subjects will set homework every week.
Homework will be set by individual subject teams and will focus on the necessary skills and understanding to prepare students for their exams. Year 10 and 11 students are expected to spend up to 1 hour on each piece of homework set. Students must take pride in their homework as it is a valuable learning aid and will support their revision at the end of their KS4 courses.