Amazing GCSE results!
Press release about GCSE results for Bradley Stoke Community School
24th August 2017
Students at Bradley Stoke Community School have been celebrating a ‘record breaking’ set of GCSE results which this year included the best set of English and Maths grades in the school’s history. This is despite the introduction of the new GCSEs, which are significantly more difficult than previous years. 70% of students achieved 5A*-C including passes in English and Maths and the new measure of Basics was achieved by 71% of students. The new Basics scores is a score between 4-9 in both English and Maths, this is equivalent to A*-C scores in previous years.
The school has also maintained its excellent progress scores from last year. The National figures for progress will not be released until later in the year, but initial figures suggest that performance will be very similar to last year - this is great news as the school’s score last year was the best in South Gloucestershire and one of the best locally. Finally, we are proud as a school to be praised by Ofsted last year on the performance of our vulnerable students; and we are glad that we have improved this area again this year and narrowed the attainment gap further.
Bradley Stoke’s Headteacher Steve Moir commented:
“This has been another brilliant set of results for us with both English and Maths achieving their best ever performances. The school has always focused on ensuring that every student achieves and I am delighted that this continues to be the case. GCSEs are getting notably harder, so it is very pleasing to see that our results have continued to climb from previous years and this is down to the dedication and hard work of our students and staff”.
As ever, there were some amazing individual performances from students, some of these outstanding achievers can be seen below:
- Priya Mistry 3 grade 9, 6 A*s and 3 As
- Ryan Edwards 3 grade 9, 5 A*s and 4 As
- Lily Whyler 1 grade 9, 1 grade 8, 1 grade 7, 6 A*s, 2 As and 1B
- Emma Draper 2 grade 8s, 1 grade 7, 5 A*s, 3 As and 1B
- Lauren Hicks 3 grade 8s, 4 A*s, 4 As and 1C
- Jessica Lomax 1 grade 9, 1 grade 8, 1 grade 7, 1 A* and 7 As
- Ben Hulin 2 grade 8s, 1 grade 7, 3 A*s, 4 As and 2 Bs
- Amy Powell 2 grade 8s, 1 grade 7, 2 A*s and 7 As
- Lucie Hulin 1 grade 9, 1 grade 8, 1 grade 6, 2 A*s, 5 As and 2 Bs
- Molly Barrett 1 grade 9, 2 grade 7s, 1 A*, 6 As and 2 Bs
- Danielle Fear 1 grade 9, 2 grade 6s, 1 A* and 5 As
- Scott Warburton 2 grade 8s, 1 grade 6, 3 A*s, 2 As and 4 Bs
L to R –
Emma, Ben, Lauren, Peter Lynch (Deputy Headteacher), Jess, Ryan, Scott, Lucie and Amy
Front – Priya and Molly
Olympus Academy Trust CEO, Dave Baker, said:
“It is wonderful to see students doing well again this year at Bradley Stoke Community School and credit is due to students for the hard work and commitment they have shown to achieve these results but also to Steve Moir, Headteacher, and his staff team for the tremendous support they have provided to enable students to do so well again.”