Could YOU make a difference in our schools? Are you interested in becoming a teacher?
Are you thinking about developing your own education and would like to gain your degree?
Have you ever thought of becoming a teacher but don’t know if you
have the qualifications or necessary skills?
Are you ready now to think about continuing your education and getting your degree?
We are holding an event just for you on:
Monday 1st July
OAT offices, Winterbourne Academy
This is an open invitation to all teaching assistants, parents/carers, other family members, office staff, lunchtime supervisors….and any other members of both CSET and OAT school communities.
We are interested in supporting anyone in our wider community in becoming primary and secondary teachers.
You might not be quite ready to start your training or degree course yet but at this meeting we will discuss with you and you can ask us any questions about:
- The various routes into teaching
- The qualifications you will need
- How to get your degree, if you don’t have one – you can do this with us too (you can study for your degree with us even if you don’t want to teach!)
- The skills, knowledge and attributes you will need to be a successful secondary or primary teacher
- Whether you could be paid while you train to be a teacher
- How and when to complete your application to train to be a teacher
- We will answer any questions about being a teacher honestly and candidly
You might not know but, as part of the North Avon Teaching School, we run School Direct PGCE training courses where you can be guaranteed to have your teaching practice placements in our local schools.
We are also interested in supporting anyone in getting their degree in education related subjects e.g. FdA Early Years Professional; FdSc Health and Wellbeing in Society; FdA Inclusive Education; FdA Learning and Education; FdSc Mental Health and Wellbeing of Children and Young People. Next year we will also be running these Foundation Degrees, alongside the Learning Institute
If you are interested in attending this meeting please contact Jenny Sutton Kirby firstname.lastname@example.org.