Inspiring Equality In Education
Bradley Stoke Community School is pleased to announce we have been selected to participate in an exciting new initiative challenging homophobic, biphobic, transphobic and disablist bullying.
Inspiring Equality in Education is a dynamic Department for Education and Government Equalities Office funded initiative delivered by Bristol-based charity Educational Action Challenging Homophobia (EACH). EACH is working in partnership with the Anti-Bullying Alliance, Off the Record Bristol, the PSHE Association and Sheffield Hallam University (SHU) to deliver a free training and resource programme on prejudice-based bullying to West of England schools.
At Bradley Stoke Community School everybody has the right to be treated with respect and bullying of any kind is unacceptable. We work very hard to ensure our students feel safe and included. We are delighted to have the unique opportunity to work with subject matter experts to build upon our existing practice: promoting an affirming learning environment for all.
From June 2015 – March 2016, we will:
- Review our whole-school strategy to challenging prejudice-based bullying
- Train staff on homophobic, biphobic, transphobic and disablist bullying
- Celebrate Anti Bullying Week 2015 across the school: foregrounding our commitment to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) equality
- Network with local schools on anti-bullying, safeguarding and PSHE matters
- Facilitate online surveys and focus groups with pupils and staff: providing robust evaluation of what works to challenge this aspect of prejudice-based bullying
As always Bradley Stoke Community School values the support of parents. We have attached further information about the delivery and evaluation of the programme. Please read these documents carefully to understand how your child/children will participate in and gain from the programme. If you have any further queries or would like to discuss the programme in more detail please telephone Susie Davis, Director of Student Support.
We look forward to celebrating our achievements with you as this initiative develops.