Vacancies for Parent Governors for both Primary and Secondary Phase
The letters below invite parents/guardians of a child at this school to consider standing for election as a Parent Governor.
All school governing bodies must have a number of Parent Governors, who are elected by parents/guardians of pupils at the school for a period of 4 years. There is currently 1 Parent Governor vacancy in the secondary phase and 1 in the primary phase at this school.
As a parent /guardian of a child at this school you can stand as a candidate or propose candidates for election to the Governing Body.
The way in which the election process works is set out below:
- All candidates for election must be proposed and seconded.
- Nominees may submit a description of themselves for inclusion with the voting paper. This description, which should not exceed fifty words, is helpful to other parents in deciding which person to vote for.
- Nominations should be submitted by completing and returning the paper enclosed with this letter to the Headteacher not later than ten days from the date on this letter.
- If there are more candidates than there are vacancies, the headteacher of your child’s school will provide you with a voting slip and details of how and when you may vote.
- If the number of nominations match the number of Parent Governor vacancies, there will be no need for an election and the headteacher will display the name(s) of the person(s) elected in a prominent position at the school.
School governors work with the Headteacher and staff of the school in determining the ethos and value of the school. It is essential that parents are actively involved in the governing body.
If you wish to know more about being a School Governor for the secondary phase please contact Steve Moir, Headteacher or for the primary phase please contact Sharon Clark on email@example.com.