The Olympus Academy Trust
The Olympus Academy Trust is a partnership of schools, currently comprising 10 South Gloucestershire schools.
Read more here: www.olympustrust.co.uk
Follow us @olympustrust
The Trust is responsible and accountable for the education of more than 6,500 students between the ages of 4 and 19 and for the employment and support of approx. 850 staff across 10 schools.
- We are non-selective, catering for students of all abilities from 4-19 years.
- Recognised for our strong academic performance and extracurricular provision.
- Situated within the districts of Bradley Stoke, Winterbourne, Filton, Patchway and surrounding areas.
We know that students make the most progress when there are strong links between home and school and we carefully listen to the views of parents and carers.
- We hold regular parent information evenings and report on a routine basis so that parents/carers know how much progress students are making.
- Parent consultation evenings are calendared throughout the year to enable information and communication exchange between parents/carers and teachers. Each evening is open to every year group so that parents/carers have plenty of opportunities to meet with subject teachers. Appointments are booked via the website.
- We understand that if parents/carers are happy and can communicate effectively with school, students will feel confidently supported at home. In recognition of this, a member of the Leadership Team is available to discuss any issues between 8:00am and 8:30am each morning
- Working with our partner primary schools is an essential part of our school. We visit all of our partner primary schools to meet with their pupils and talk to members of staff about their primary experience and the move to secondary school. We host a number of events and activities throughout the year to provide primary pupils with a taste of life in a secondary school. In preparation for the move to secondary school, parents and carers of new Year 7 students are invited to an information evening prior to joining Bradley Stoke Community School and there is a transition day for all new Year 7 students during Term 6.
Dave Baker, CEO Olympus Academy Trust