Primary School Lunches
Our delicious lunches are prepared fresh every day in our school kitchen.
Our lunchtime routines are carefully planned to help the children take responsibility for their food choices, develop their social skills and table manners while they eat.
We encourage children to form healthy eating habits; a salad bar is available every day. Once they have finished their main, there are a variety of pudding options to choose from including cake, fruit, cheese and crackers and yogurts.
Children are also able to bring a healthy packed lunch if they prefer. This can include a treat or pudding. Please ensure there are no items containing nuts in packed lunches.
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a free school meal every day. The cost of school meals (for all primary children who are not eligible for free school meals) will be £2.20 and this price will be guaranteed for 3 years.
We use local produce in our school meals, which helps support the local community and also cuts down on food miles. The following produce is sourced from within a 40 mile radius of South Gloucestershire:
- Potatoes and carrots from Duchy Home Farm – Tetbury, Gloucester
- Fresh Beef and Pork from Ensors – Cinderford
- Poultry from Freemans of Newent – Usk Vale Poultry – Monmouthshire
- Eggs from Manor Farm – Burnett
- Cheese from Alvis Bros – Lye Cross Farm – Redhill, Bristol
- Marshfield Biscuits from Marshfield Bakery – Marshfield Nr Chippenham
- Ice Cream from Marshfield Farm – Marshfield Nr Chippenham
The service is accredited with ISO14001 for its Environmental Management System. We recycle where possible cooking oil, paper, tins and vegetable waste for compost.