The Primary Phase
Timings of Primary Phase school day
8:30am - Playground gates open
8:35am - Classroom doors open
8.40am – Registration
8.40- 12.00pm –Session 2 (3 ¼ hours)
12.00-1.00pm - Lunch
1.00-3.00pm - Session 3 (2 hours)
(6 hrs 20 mins per day / 31 hrs 40 mins per week)
Arriving at school
- Our school gates open at 8.30am
- Teachers open their classroom doors open at 8.35am and children are expected to be in their classroom by 8.40am.
- If your child is ill or you know your child will be arriving after 8:50am, please call the school absence line on: 01454 868842
- Registers will close at 8.50am.
- Any pupil arriving between 8.50am and 9.20am will be marked as late.
- Any pupils arriving after 9.20am will be marked as unauthorised late arrival; this counts as an absence for the whole morning session.
Collection during the school day
- If you need to collect your child from school during the school day, you should inform the office by calling: 01454 868842. This is in accordance to the guidelines set out in our attendance policy.
- Children should be collected from the Primary office.
End of the school day
- Our Primary School day finishes at 3.00pm and children are dismissed through their classroom door.
- Your child will only be dismissed to the adult that we are expecting.
- If an older sibling is collecting, parents need to give permission and the class teacher needs to be informed.
- If there is a change in the adult collecting, parents need to inform the office.
- If you are allowing your Year 5 or 6 child to walk to and from school independently, please inform your child’s teacher.
- If you are running late, please call the school office.
See our Collection and Drop off procedures for more information.